Capstone Projects

Operating Facilities

Amherst Wind

Year Built


Capstone Ownership


Nameplate Capacity (MW)


Amherst Wind


The Amherst wind facility consists of 15 Suzlon S97 wind turbines located in Cumberland County, Nova Scotia near the town of Amherst, totalling approximately 32 megawatts of installed capacity. The electricity generated is sold to Nova Scotia Power Inc. under a long-term power purchase agreement. Capstone holds an indirect 51% interest in the Amherst wind facility with the remaining 49% held by Firelight Infrastructure Partners.

Other Projects

Ravenswood Wind

The 9.9 MW Ravenswood Wind Facility located near Forest, Ontario commenced commercial operation in J...

Erie Shores Wind Farm

Erie Shores Wind Farm consists of 661 General Electric SLE1.5 wind turbines/gener...

Springwood Wind

The Springwood Wind Farm is a 8.2 megawatt (MW) wind energy facility located in the Township of C...

News Centre


P: 416 649 1300
155 Wellington Street West, Suite 2930
Toronto, Ontario Canada
M5V 3H1

Copyright © All right reserved