Mission, Vision and Strategy
Our mission is to provide investors with an attractive total return from responsibly managed long-term investments in core infrastructure in Canada and internationally.
Our vision is to be a Canadian leader in owning and operating diversified infrastructure businesses that benefit the communities we serve, the people we employ, and our investors. Over the long term, Capstone's growth strategy is to develop, acquire and manage a portfolio of high quality core infrastructure businesses in the power and utilities segments, with the aim of providing an attractive, risk-adjusted return to investors.
We seek to:
- Maximize and sustain the long-term value of our businesses.
- Deliver strong financial performance and maintain financial flexibility.
- Achieve prudent growth.
Our parameters for growth include:
- An international scope encompassing Canada as well as countries that are members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- Focusing on regulated or contractually defined core infrastructure businesses.
- Seeking a blend of operating businesses as well as development opportunities that offer an appropriate risk-adjusted rate of return.
- A preference for wholly-owned businesses with the ability to take a minority position where we are protected by a strong governance framework.